Alternately inhaling is done from the other nostril again maintaining a regular comfortable pace.
How to do it?
- Get a comfortable sitting position and feel relaxed.
- Close your eyes
- Maintain this position for few minutes till you feel to get ready for inhaling.
- Use your right thumb to close your right nostril.
- Inhale from your left nostril.
- Hold the breath for a couple of seconds.
- Remove the thumb and open right nostril
- Now use middle and ring finger to close left nostril
- Breathe out from right nostril.
- Now inhale from right nostril, close the right nostril
- Open left nostril and breathe out.
- Repeat again, steps 1 through 7.
It is however advised to take deep breaths into your lungs and not into the stomach as the lungs have the tissues that absorb maximum oxygen from the air we inhale.