SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- These include:
- Severe muscular pain.
- Skin infections and rashes with redness all over the body.
- Sore and inflamed lymph and nodes of the patients.
- Severe throat pain with fever.
- Skin infections that do not go away and appear again.
- Severe weight loss and intermittent cold and cough are two prominent symptoms.
The transmission of HIV-infected body fluids from the affected person to a healthy person is responsible for transmission of AIDS. A person carrying the virus can transmit it to another person if he exchanges body fluid with that person.
- The most common culprit is the unprotected sex with several partners that increases the chances of contracting AIDS.
- The intravenous drug users become easy prey to catch HIV infection.
Keep fit and stay healthy… that’s the mantra for the people who are carrier of the HIV virus. Some specific exercises and postures are also beneficial in maintaining health. The good thing is that these asanas can be easily performed at home with minimal supervision. These include:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana or supported downwards dog posture. Main feature is that he head of practitioner must be supported by a block.
- Janu Sirsasana, which is head/knee forward bend ensuring that the head is supported with blankets.
- Halasana or seated forward bend posture using a chair for support.
- Savasana or supported relaxation pose is also beneficial for AIDS patients.
Medical fraternity does not suggest any remedy for AIDS, however Ayurvedic practitioners claim that Indian Ayurveda recognized AIDS 2000 years ago. Named as the king of diseases or Rajayakshma and is defined in Ashtanga Hridayam.
- To improve body strength and induce appetite, preparations like Indukantham Ghritham and Ajamamsa Rasayanam are recommended.
- Rasasindoor, a mercury preparation, is given to the patients to increase internal strength.
- If the symptoms start diminishing and patients recover, shodhana techniques are recommended to flush put toxins from the system. This is done through purgation, emesis and enemas.
- Once the signs of improvement are seen, the patient is given medications that purify the blood.
Ayurveda advises rejuvenators and tonics to enhance immunity level of AIDS patients
Healthy and safe sex is what can prevent AIDS to become an epidemic as AIDS is mostly transmitted by sexual means. Condoms are easy way for protection during sexual intercourse. While using injections and syringes, it must be insured that they are properly sterilized and not shared by others. Though the disease is not curable but practically an HIV infected person can lead a healthy life by choosing a balanced diet and maintaining health and body fitness. (All the information in this document is well researched but general. To know more about remedies of these diseases please contact our specialists)