Medical experts define Amebiasis as a contagious intestinal illness the main culprit of which is Entamoeba histolytica parasite which contaminates drinks or food and when this contaminated food or drink is taken by humans, they catch Amebiasis. A tiny single-celled micro-organism called amoeba is spreads Amebiasis. The disease is named on the name of the parasite which causes it. Amebiasis flourishes abundantly in places with improper sanitation facilities. This disease manifests more in many places of Southeast Asia, India, Latin America and Africa.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- The main symptom of this disease is the abdominal pain which does not go away easily and increase in intensity gradually.
- Frequent bowel movements, nausea, loss of appetite, bloody stool and cramps are observed in patients.
- Some patients notice symptoms appear after a week while other patients notice the symptoms even after months.
Entamoeba histolytica parasite is the main culprit for Amebiasis. This parasite penetrates the intestinal walls, thereby results in ulcers and abscesses. After penetration, they enter the intestinal veins and the blood flow then carries them to the liver. Although the disease spreads through contamination, yet some people’s immunity is so strong that they are not affected by the infection even after a family member contracts the disease. It has been noticed that some people live life long as carrier of this parasites but do not get the disease themselves.
- Pranayama and Yoga asanas improve the digestion and enhance immunity.
- Pawanmuktasana is generally recommended by our experts for the treatment of this disease.
- Shankhaprakshalana has also been noticed to cure Amebiasis.
- A person must practice Vajrasana for ten minutes after meals to get instant relief.
- Shavasana, sarvangasana, matsyendrasana, paschimottanasana, shalabhasana, mayurasana and Bhujangasana are also recommended to be practiced after pawanmuktasana.
Experts suggest to take Juice of apricot leaves to cure this condition. Drumstick also treats this disease effectively. Fasting is also an effective means for controlling loose motions.
We all know that Ayurveda has medicines for almost all the diseases. Some peculiar plants have been noticed to help cure this contagious disease.
- Mix Neem leaf paste with mustard oil and turmeric oil, all in similar quantities. This preparation must be applied on the stomach of the affected person and the remedy works very fast to minimize the cramps as well as discomfort.
- Dried peepul bark must be finely powdered and then mixed with water, strained through a fine sieve and then consumed to get a cure from the disease.
Prevention is better than cure and so are the healthy food habits that work faster than medicines for the treatment of Amebiasis. One should avoid fried foods, uncooked vegetables and overheated food. Khichari and boiled vegetables are generally recommended. Though very tough but fasting works as one of the most effective ways for alleviating exacerbation of these symptoms. If diarrhea a prominent symptom due to indigestion then dairy products must not be consumed and light meal once a day is good. Curd and rice have been known to give some relief from indigestion problems since ages.